Stress Broadbeach, Gold Coast
Do You Feel Stressed Often?
What is stress?
Modern research shows us that stress is a ‘burst of energy’ or a vital warning sign that basically advises you on what to do. In small doses, stress has many advantages. For instance, you may find that being stressed-out motivates you to focus on your work, helps you meet daily challenges and motivates you to reach your goals. It can even help boost your memory and help you accomplish tasks more efficiently. This is because when our brain perceives some kind of stress, it starts flooding the body with chemicals like epinephrine, norepinephrine
While stress is key
When does stress become a problem?
It may be tough to tell when you’re experiencing “good” or “bad” stress, but there are important ways that your body lets you know that you’re struggling with too much stress. Watch out for the following warning signs:
- Inability to concentrate or complete tasks
- Getting sick more often with colds
- Body aches and pains (eg. Neck, shoulders and low back pain)
- Other illnesses or autoimmune diseases flare up (eg. Hashimotos, Rheumatoid arthritis, Fibromyalgia)
- Headaches and/or migraines
- Trouble falling sleeping or staying awake
- Changes in appetite
- More angry or anxious than usual
What can I do about my stress?
For tips on managing everyday stress more effectively, read our blog HERE
When should I seek professional help?
If high levels of stress continue for a long period of time or are interfering with you enjoying a healthy life, it is worth seeking professional help. A mental health professional, like a psychologist, can help you identify behaviors and situations that are contributing to high stress, and help you to make changes to the things that are within your control. Seeking help can be one way to manage your stress effectively.
- Do you feel ‘burnt-out’, fatigued or tired?
- Do you feel ‘on-edge’, ‘wired’ or anxious?
- Tight neck & shoulder muscles?
- Sleep difficulties?
- Digestive and/or hormonal issues?
- Regular headaches that worsen as the day progresses?
- Dry skin, brittle nails, hair falling out?
- Sensitivity to light or sound?
- Feeling cold?
Call our friendly team today and ask about our
Recent Articles & Resources
“The mind out of control is like a restless monkey. Jumping here and there senselessly, you have to learn to control it, see the real nature of the mind” - The Buddha Chances are that if you are reading this blog you are familiar with that pestering monkey that has...
Motion nourishes your body “Put your body in motion and your psyche will heal itself” Gabrielle Roth It is a well-known fact that movement is a necessary part of life. If you don’t move you will begin to deteriorate and dis-ease will find its way to the body and mind....