Psychology for your health
The purpose of our psychology services at Breathe Holistic Health is to deeply improve your quality of life and relationships. We offer a supportive space for you to feel a sense of relief, restoration, and greater confidence to take action that’s going to change your life for the better.
What can I expect when I visit?
Upon arrival, you’ll be greeted by our friendly staff and asked to complete some information and consent forms prior to commencing your initial session. We ask that you arrive at least 10 minutes early to allow time for this. We also ask that you provide your Medicare card and, if applicable, your private health card to us upon your first visit. If you have been referred by your GP, please bring your referral letter with you so that you are able to claim the Medicare rebate. Your psychologist will then guide you to the consulting room to commence your initial session.
Our AHPRA registered psychologists provide evidence-based treatment tailored to your individual needs. Care starts with an initial assessment to help our team understand your specific health goals, and develop a recommended care plan to suit your needs. We use state-of-the-art technology and assessment questionnaires to track your outcomes throughout treatment and ensure we’re helping you reach your desired health goals.
- We work with the whole of you not just your symptoms
- Initial psychological consultation and assessment only $100 (claimable via Medicare or Private Health)
- Complimentary report of findings at your follow-up appointment
- We work together as a team to help you achieve the best possible health outcomes. Evidence shows that an integrative approach is more likely to result in better health outcomes and sustained gains long term
- Initial appointments guaranteed within 48 hours
Kerrie is qualified as both a Clinical and Health Psychologist with specialist endorsement in both areas of practice by the Psychology Board of Australia. Kerrie earned her Honours Degree in Psychology and her Masters Degree in Clinical Psychology at Macquarie University in Sydney.
Who do you work with & what programs do you offer?
Our team at Breathe Holistic Health have a special interest in providing effective treatment for clients suffering with persistent pain, including fibromyalgia, recurrent headaches and migraines, and back pain, as well as a range of other health conditions such as anxiety, depression, and post-traumatic stress.
Some of the common complaints we work with include:
- Persistent pain, including dysautonomia (eg. Fibromyalgia)
- Recurrent headaches and migraines (of the primary type)
- Stress (Acute and Post-traumatic)
- Self Esteem Issues
- Relationship difficulties
- Grief / Loss
- Life Transitions
What is a Psychologist?
Psychologists are university educated and trained allied health practitioners that provide their expertise by assessing and diagnosing a range of problems, developing strategies and treatments, and offering guidance and support.
Psychologists provide these services in a wide range of public and private settings, including health, mental health, disability, family services, community, schools, corporate and business, education, sport and the performing arts.
Many people at some point in their lives will have the need for psychological support or care. Here are a few general examples:
- A child with behaviour problems
- School students with learning difficulties
- An adolescent with severe shyness
- Parents needing advice and support
- A young person dealing with sexuality issues
- Military personnel coping with trauma
- People suffering from the stresses of modern life
- A new mother not coping
- Couples and families with relationship challenges
- Organisational leaders wanting the best out of their staff
- A retrenched worker with depression
- Individuals struggling with long-term mental illness
- Court judges deciding what’s best for children of separated parents
- A truck driver with alcohol problems
- Elite athletes seeking peak performance
- A young person contemplating suicide
- People dealing with major health problems
- A retiree coping with loss
- Individuals battling addictions
- Victims of natural disasters
- Elderly people living with dementia
- Rural communities struggling with severe drought
- Policy makers seeking advice on criminal behaviour
Dr. Terry Olesen is a PhD
qualified senior psychologist with over 30 years’ experience and extensive knowledge in employing the appropriate models of therapy to meet the needs of his patients. He uses state of the art methods of therapy and good humour. Terry will aid you to assess the nature of your issue quickly and establish workable solutions. He can offer to help you face a wide spectrum of mental health issues, including those pertaining to mood, career, family, relationships, injury, personality, ageing and illness.Read more »