Psychology to help you better manage and build resilience in every day life
Psychology for your health
The purpose of our psychology services at Breathe Holistic Health is to deeply improve your quality of life and relationships. We offer a supportive space for you to feel a sense of relief, restoration, and greater confidence to take action that’s going to change your life for the better.
What can I expect when I visit?
Upon arrival, you’ll be greeted by our friendly staff and asked to complete some information and consent forms prior to commencing your initial session. We ask that you arrive at least 10 minutes early to allow time for this. We also ask that you provide your Medicare card and, if applicable, your private health card to us upon your first visit. If you have been referred by your GP, please bring your referral letter with you so that you are able to claim the Medicare rebate. Your psychologist will then guide you to the consulting room to commence your initial session.
Our AHPRA registered psychologists provide evidence-based treatment tailored to your individual needs. Care starts with an initial assessment to help our team understand your specific health goals, and develop a recommended care plan to suit your needs. We use state-of-the-art technology and assessment questionnaires to track your outcomes throughout treatment and ensure we’re helping you reach your desired health goals.
Our commitment to you
- We work with the whole of you not just your symptoms
- We BULK BILL the first four one-on-one therapy sessions for youth and adults (general psychology only, excludes special interest programs, couples and child therapy)
- We provide a complimentary report of findings at your follow up appointment
- We work together as a team to help you achieve the best possible health outcomes. Evidence shows that an integrative approach is more likely to result in better health outcomes and sustained gains long term.
- Initial appointments guaranteed within 48 hours
- Call or book online to see us
Who is Psychology for?
Many people at some point in their lives will have the need for psychological support or care. Our team at Breathe Holistic Health aim to provide effective treatment for a range of health conditions.
Here are some examples of complaints we work with:
- Anxiety and/or Panic Attacks
- Post-traumatic Stress
- Severe shyness or social anxiety
- Low self-esteem
- Persistent or Chronic Pain
- Recurrent Headaches or Migraines
- People suffering from the stresses of modern life
- A new mother not coping
- A child with behavioural problems
- Individuals struggling with long term mental illness
- Coping with trauma
- Couples and families with relationship challenges
- Parents needing advice and support
- Suicide contemplation
- Grief or Loss
What is a Psychologist?
Psychologists are university educated and trained allied health practitioners that provide their expertise by assessing and diagnosing a range of problems, developing strategies and treatments, and offering guidance and support.
Psychologists provide these services in a wide range of public and private settings, including health, mental health, disability, family services, community, schools, corporate and business, education, sport and the performing arts.
Arissa BrunelliMPsych, PGDipPsych, BSocSciPsych
Arissa is our founder and ‘binding glue’ of Breathe Holistic Health. Arissa is a registered Psychologist and accredited Yoga Teacher who is passionate about empowering individuals to take charge of their health and well-being, and take meaningful action that changes their lives for the better. Arissa has a special interest and experience providing effective treatment for people with recurrent headaches and migraines, and a range of other mental and chronic health conditions. Arissa is dedicated to integrating psychological focused strategies with yoga as part of a comprehensive care plan to achieve the best possible health outcomes.Read more »
Have you heard about our MindFlo Program?
MindFlo is a 12-week program especially designed by BHH's co-founder, Arissa Brunelli (psychologist & yoga instructor) for stress-reduction and managing your health and well-being more effectively.
In particular, it is designed to help you overcome anxiety, depression, post-traumatic stress, and/or poor health, and general every-day stress that we're faced with in our lives.
Before commencing the MindFlo program, we offer an initial screening and assessment to determine whether this program is right for you. The program is claimable via HiCaps and/or Private Health, or Medicare (approx. 50% rebate).
CALL US TO MAKE A BOOKING.Read more »