Telephone Psychology Services
Due to the Coronavirus and a sudden change to everyday life, we now also offer Psychology Services via Phone and Video Call.
We know that the current situation is stressful and can be a source of anxiety for many reasons:
– Anxious about being vulnerable to the virus, especially if you are in a risk age group
– Anxious about the lack of food or services
– Anxious about your financial situation
– Finding yourself and relationships under pressure
We want everyone to be able to access the health care that they need, so our psychologists can still assist you and your loved ones during this difficult time.
Everyone deserves access to health care, especially in times where we are more vulnerable.
Our remote Psychology Services are especially set up to assist you in the sanctuary of your own home. All you need is a telephone to access a telephone consult or tele-health/video consult.
Commencing from Monday 30th March, Medicare will provide a rebate for this service if you have been given a Mental Health Care Plan (MHCP) by your doctor.
Call (07) 5679 5593 to book an appointment.
Or book online here.
What is the cost to you?
– If you have a Mental Health Care Plan (MHCP) from your doctor, then the consult will be qualify for a Medicare rebate of $86.15. The total cost of the consultation is $135.00. We will email a copy of our invoice to you which you can show to Medicare to receive the rebate.
(We need to have a copy of your MHCP which can be faxed to us by your doctor, or you can scan and email to us before your appointment )
– If you do not have a MHCP, we can still provide this service at the normal consultation cost of $135.
– Most of the major Health Funds have agreed to provide a rebate for this service if your plan includes Psychology. You will pay for the service by card over the phone, we will email you a copy of your invoice which you can use to claim from the Health Fund.
Refer to our webpage below under Symptoms you may be experiencing, to see if you should see your GP for an MHCP.
For any further information email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Stay safe and ask for help if you need it.
Our Gold Coast Psychologists are ready to help you
Do you feel anxious or highly stressed?
Are you experiencing panic attacks or other physical symptoms?
Low self confidence or low self worth?
Relationships breaking down due to repeated patterns of behaviour that simply aren’t working for you anymore?
Here at Breathe Holistic Health, our purpose is to help you deeply improve your relationship with yourself, others and life at large. Mental health is increasingly playing a vital part of living a positive enjoyable life for you and your family. Everyone has challenges along their journey and we strive to offer private professional care in a timely manner. We offer a supportive space for you to feel a sense of relief, restoration, and greater confidence to take action that’s going to change your life for the better.
Our Psychology team is passionate about helping you develop new and useful skills and strategies that help you understand, explain and change your behaviours, emotions and mental processes that affect your health and well-being. Many people continue to experience increased positive gains over time, long after the sessions end.
In our modern society CHILDREN can benefit from psychology assistance to do with the complex business of growing up, that includes developmental issues, educational issues, personality disorders and bullying, to name a few.
Ashleigh Eljed is a very experienced Child Psychologist who can consult with all children and adolescents over the age of 4 years.
How we can help
- We look at the mind-body relationship as a whole. This unique approach often aids in a rapid reduction of symptoms
- Our psychologists work with you to help you achieve the best possible health outcomes
- Psychology care is available to people with private health cover, individuals, couples and families with Direct HiCaps claiming onsite for Private Health Funds and Medicare rebates. Please contact your provider for your details as cover varies from fund to fund.
- Psychology is available without a doctors referral, when you can claim on your private health, but not with Medicare.
- Ashleigh Eljed can assist with psychology under workers compensation cover.
- Ashleigh Eljed can assist with Child Psychology.
- Eleonora Ospina is fluent in Spanish.
- Eleonora Ospina has an interest to consult with teenage clients over the age of 12 years.
Counselling and Psychology Services to suit your needs
Our Psychologist has a special interest in providing effective relationship/couples counselling, family counselling and individual counselling for a range of other health conditions such as anxiety, depression, bereavement, crisis, post-traumatic stress and abuse recovery. Pain management, counselling for children and adolescents above 4 years.
Research has shown that there is a link between chronic pain and conditions such as trauma, depression, anxiety and stress and that Integrated health care, such as that offered by co-operating practitioners at Breathe Holistic Health, may be very effective in the treatment of these conditions.
Common Disorders we work with include:
- Depression, Anxiety, Phobia, Sleep Disorders
- Trauma, Loss and Bereavement
- Physical, Emotional and Sexual Abuse Recovery
- Mid-life Crisis, Life-Transition readjustments
- Bipolar Disorder, Anxiety Disorders, Personality Disorders
- Attention Deficit and Hyperactivity Disorders
- Post-Traumatic Stress Disorder
- Emotion Management (Anger, Stress, Guilt, Shame)
- Couple, Relationship Counselling
- Emotional and Physical Abuse
- Pain management
- Counselling for children and adolescents above 4 years (Ashleigh Eljed)
- Parenting counselling
- Workers compensation cases
(Please note that some of the above may not be covered by Medicare – Please consult with your GP in this regard)
Symptoms you may be experiencing
Below is a list of commonly experienced conditions. If you have one or more of these conditions, our team can help you take the first steps.
You could also speak with your GP as you may qualify for a Mental Health Care Plan (MHCP) referral for a Medicare rebate for up to 10 consultations within a calendar year.
The following are common symptoms of depression and anxiety, however, to be diagnosed with either of these conditions as a medical clinical disorder, multiple criteria have to be satisfied. Please ensure that you consult with your GP or a Psychologist to be properly and professionally diagnosed.
Lack of motivation, low energy, short attention span, hesitant decision making, poor concentration, short term memory impairment, indifference, bored, irritable, intolerant, sleep disturbances, feeling helpless, feeling unimportant, impaired social/work/relationship/sexual functioning, avoiding the world and contact with others, weight gain or loss within a short time, suicidal thoughts and feelings.
Fear of the unknown, uncontrollable feeling of dread, excessive worrying, stress, nervousness, stress headaches, trouble breathing/outbreaks of panic, dry mouth or throat, chest pain; shaking, dizziness, numbness or tingling, pounding heart, sweating, diarrhoea, stomach knots, fear of dying, fear of going crazy, fear of being out of control.
** first check with your doctor to make sure that there is no physical cause for your symptoms.
What can I expect when I visit?
Upon arrival at our Broadbeach practice, you’ll be greeted by our friendly staff and asked to complete some information and consent forms prior to commencing your initial session. We ask that you arrive at least 15 minutes early to allow time for this. We also ask that you provide your Medicare card and, if applicable, your private health card to us upon your first visit. If you have been referred by your GP, please bring your referral letter (Mental Health Care Plan) with you so that you are able to claim the Medicare rebate. Your psychologist will then guide you to the consulting room to commence your initial session.
Our AHPRA registered psychologists provide evidence-based treatment tailored to your individual needs. Care starts with an initial assessment to help our team understand your specific health goals, and develop a recommended care plan to suit your needs. We use state-of-the-art technology and assessment questionnaires to track your outcomes throughout treatment and ensure we’re helping you reach your desired health goals.
We have on site claiming for both Medicare and private health funds. You will be expected to pay at the time of your visit so it is important to bring your Doctor’s Referral and your Medicare and Private Health Fund cards.
Our Fees (fees apply as of 1st January 2019)
(Couples counselling is not covered by Medicare although you may individually qualify for an MHCP if experiencing the symptoms described above. You would need to discuss your personal symptoms with your doctor)
If you are in circumstances of financial difficulty or hold a concession card, you may discuss this with our psychologist for her consideration at the time of your initial appointment.
|With GP Mental Health Care Plan||Without GP Mental Health Care Plan|
|Initial Two Sessions||$135||$135 per session (check private health plan for rebate)|
|Subsequent Sessions||$135 per session – $48.85 after rebate||$135 per session (check private health plan for rebate)|
|Couples Counselling||$135 per session|
Please advise our psychologist if you hold a concession card