Our Gold Coast Psychologist is ready to help you
Do you feel anxious or highly stressed?
Are you experiencing panic attacks or other physical symptoms?
Low self confidence or low self worth?
Relationships breaking down due to repeated patterns of behaviour that simply aren’t working for you anymore?
Here at Breathe Holistic Health, our purpose is to help you deeply improve your relationship with yourself, others and life at large. Mental health is increasingly playing a vital part of living a positive enjoyable life for you and your family. Everyone has challenges along their journey and we strive to offer private professional care in a timely manner. We offer a supportive space for you to feel a sense of relief, restoration, and greater confidence to take action that’s going to change your life for the better.
Our Psychology team is passionate about helping you develop new and useful skills and strategies that help you understand, explain and change your behaviours, emotions and mental processes that affect your health and well-being. Many people continue to experience increased positive gains over time, long after the sessions end.
How we can help
- We look at the mind-body relationship as a whole. This unique approach often aids in a rapid reduction of symptoms
- Our psychologist works with you to help you achieve the best possible health outcomes
- Initial appointments are guaranteed within 48 hours
- We bulk-bill your first two visits to make sure that you are in the right place with the right person. This is only available when your doctor has provided a Mental Health Care Plan Referral (MHCP) (see below)
- Psychology care is available to all, including DVA, private health funds, insurance cases, couples, families and adolescents with Direct HiCaps claiming onsite for Private Health Funds. Please contact your provider for your details as cover varies from fund to fund.
Counselling and Psychology Services to suit your needs
Our Psychologist has a special interest in providing effective relationship/couples counselling, family counselling and counselling for a range of other health conditions such as anxiety, depression, and post-traumatic stress.
She may be able to assist with coping strategies for those with persistent pain, including fibromyalgia, recurrent headaches, migraines and back pain or other chronic pain. Research has shown that Integrated health care may be very effective in the treatment of these conditions.
Common complaints we work with include:
- Stress (Acute and Post-traumatic)
- Self Esteem Issues
- Relationship difficulties or breakdown
- Grief / Loss
- Life Transitions
- Persistent pain, including dysautonomia (eg. Fibromyalgia)
- Recurrent headaches and migraines (of the primary type)
- Cultural counselling communication issues (fluent in Mandarin and Taiwanese)
Symptoms you may be experiencing
Below is a list of commonly experienced conditions. If you have one or more of these conditions you are in the right place, our team can help you take the first steps.
You could also speak with your GP as you may qualify for a Mental Health Care Plan (MHCP) referral for a Medicare rebate for up to 10 consultations within a calendar year.
Lack of motivation, low energy, sleep disturbances, feeling helpless, feeling unimportant, impaired social/work/relationship functioning, Avoiding the world and contact with others, weight gain or loss within a short time.
Fear of the unknown, uncontrollable feeling of dread, excessive preparation, excessive worrying, stress, nervousness/twitching/can’t sit still, stomach knots, frequent headaches, trouble breathing/outbreaks of panic, dry mouth or throat, chest pain; shaking, numbness or tingling.
What can I expect when I visit?
Upon arrival at our Broadbeach practice, you’ll be greeted by our friendly staff and asked to complete some information and consent forms prior to commencing your initial session. We ask that you arrive at least 10 minutes early to allow time for this. We also ask that you provide your Medicare card and, if applicable, your private health card to us upon your first visit. If you have been referred by your GP, please bring your referral letter with you so that you are able to claim the Medicare rebate. Your psychologist will then guide you to the consulting room to commence your initial session.
Our AHPRA registered psychologists provide evidence-based treatment tailored to your individual needs. Care starts with an initial assessment to help our team understand your specific health goals, and develop a recommended care plan to suit your needs. We use state-of-the-art technology and assessment questionnaires to track your outcomes throughout treatment and ensure we’re helping you reach your desired health goals.
We have on site claiming for both Medicare and private health funds. You will be expected to pay at the time of your visit so it is important to bring your Doctor’s Referral and/or your Medicare and Private Health Fund cards.