English & Mandarin (A.K.A. Chinese) -speaking Psychologist, M.A.P.S. Allied Health Psychologist
B.A. Psych; M.A. Prof Psych specialised in family-based systemic approach
Lynne is a registered psychologist in Australia with over 19 years of counselling experience in the U.S.A. and Australia. In addition to English, she speaks fluent Mandarin and Taiwanese (A.K.A. Hokkien). She has a wide range of professional work experience in multi-disciplinary teams in various cross- cultural settings including Hawaii & Colorado , U.S.A. and Queensland, Australia.
Over the years, she has worked in various in-patient and out-patient programs at the hospitals, Community Mental Health, Correctional and local medical centres.
Since settling on the Gold Coast in 1996, Lynne has worked in liaison with medical doctors and other Allied Health Professionals for the local communities of Australia, migrants and international students. Lynne is skilled in the area of Family and Marriage Counselling with Family –based Systemic Approach. This takes into consideration the individual’s roles within the family and cross-generational context, rules, structure and the inter-relations and dynamics within different subunits of the system to effect long-term changes in a more holistic way.
- Psychological treatment modalities Lynne has used include:
- Cognitive Behavioural Therapy
- Family-Based Systemic approach
- Acceptance Commitment Therapy and psycho-education on Self Esteem / Confidence Building
- Anger & Stress Management
- Assertiveness Skill training
- Conflict –Resolution
- Emotion Management Skill trainings
- Realistic Goal-Setting and Achievement
Personally, Lynne has major interest in the body-mind-spirit, nature and nurture interconnections for a more holistic understanding on human psyche and psychology. In addition to the above treatment modalities, Lynne adopts a non-judgmental, value, meaning, purpose orientated and positive focussed approach to effect more long-term therapeutic outcomes.
Lynne’s specialised areas of counselling include:
- Marriage, Family and Relationship Counselling
- Depression , Anxiety and Phobia
- Trauma, Loss & Grief counselling
- Physical , Emotional & Sexual Abuse Recovery
- Self-Empowerment & Self Esteem Rebuilding
- Mid-life Crisis and Life Transition Adjustments
- Cross-Cultural Adjustments