Chiropractic for your health
Need relief from pain?
Stressed or simply wanting to feel a greater sense of wellbeing?
You have come to the right place. Here at Breathe Holistic Health in Broadbeach, we use Chiropractic to change lives by truly listening to our patients, reducing pain and uncomfortable symptoms and inspiring our patients to live a longer, happier life.
On this page you can read about our Chiropractor Dr Dan Tilley, learn more about the conditions we treat with chiropractic and what to expect when you visit, to help you feel more comfortable about booking in for a treatment.
Chiropractic for your health
Meet our Chiropractor, Dr Dan: From our Broadbeach practice I am committed to making it as easy as possible for people to find out how Chiropractic can help improve their wellbeing.
Often people are new to Chiropractic and those who have seen a chiropractor have had all different types of treatments. Either way every person is unique, and I take pride in being able to understand my clients’ symptoms, how it feels, how it affects them and their health.
My passion is to be able to offer care plans that take into account the whole mind, body and nervous system. This can involve drawing upon the range of holistic health services available at our clinic and tailoring this to a unique care plan to address and support you and your health.
I offer Chiropractic techniques such as manual adjustments, CBP (Chiropractic Bio-Physics; systematic postural reshaping), myofascial release, Trigenics (active release), rehabilitation, exercise programs, nutrition advice and workshops on a wide range of topics.
Chiropractic to me is a way to change lives by really listening, reducing pain and symptoms then inspiring living a longer, happier life with better health.
- Musculoskeletal injuries
- Back pain
- Pregnancy pains
- Neck pain
- Lower back pain
- Disc injuries
- Rib pain
- Recurrent sports injuries
What is chiropractic and why choose us?
Chiropractic is a safe, natural and effective form of primary health care that assesses your nervous system (mind) and musculoskeletal system (body). Chiropractors complete a minimum of 5 years of tertiary education to be registered as a Chiropractor in Australia. The primary focus is to help you improve motion, strength and overall health, subsequently reducing your symptoms and/or pain. Dr Dan’s enthusiasm coupled with his scientifically and results driven focus, will help you gain a better understanding of some of the underlying causes of your condition. Dr Dan ensures that he can help with your case before proceeding with any treatment and works closely with our team in Broadbeach to help you achieve optimum results with holistic care.
What can I expect when I visit?
The role of a Chiropractor is to thoroughly look into your presenting history, perform specific orthopaedic, neurological, bio-mechanical assessments and arrange other specialised tests if needed (X-ray referral, MRI, medical consult etc.) in order to offer you an accurate diagnosis and direct you with the appropriate health care management plan. An initial appointment starts with listening and understanding your concerns. A thorough assessment is conducted to determine your quality of motion, identify aches and pains, how your muscle strength and power is affected, as well as conducting a comprehensive posture assessment
What’s included in my appointment?
- History consultation
- Physical examination and spine assessment
- Neurological assessment
- X-rays referral (if required) and detailed X-ray analysis
- Posture assessment
- Complimentary report of findings at your follow up appointment
Meet our Chiropractor
Dr Daniel Tilley (Chiropractor) Daniel (Dr Dan) is our visionary of Breathe Holistic Health. Daniel recently sold his practice in Southport, the Gold Coast Chiropractic Centre, and now operates as part of our integrative team. Read more »
Frequently Asked Questions
- How does Chiropractic work? A chiropractor focuses primary on musculoskeletal disorders, using a form of natural treatment through treatment of the spine and body. The correct term for treatment is referred to as an “adjustment”, an adjustment helps your body move better, stay stronger and experience less pain. The method of restoration involves the use of precise direction and force to help return the spine to normalise its function. Each adjustment is tailored to each patient’s age, size and unique spinal condition. During the initial consult, a thorough examination will be conducted which establishes what is causing your discomfort and how to correct the cause. Once we have gathered that information, a care plan will be discussed based on your symptoms. The chiropractic adjustments will commence, aiming to help correct thismalfunction and prevent any future immobilisations. Our highly trained professionals have undertaken a five-year university based degree on chiropractic care and management, in addition to observing chiropractors in practice who have had extensive experience helping patients in need hands on. We also care for patients with a wide range of injuries and disorders of the musculoskeletal system, involving the muscles, ligaments and joints. We use the safest mauvers to guarantee minimal discomfort of the spine, whilst ensuring we are making progress at achieving a successful result.
- How long before I see results? Depending on the findings during our initial consult, we provide you with a care plan to best address your concerns. Generally we recommend an initial 2-4 week program, which we find has provided patients with the fastest beneficial and positive outcome. During this program, we adjust certain areas of the spine to pinpoint the cause of the pain you are experiencing. We have found that some patients see results almost instantaneously and others see results over the course of the treatment schedule. Once we have pinpointed the area, we progress into focusing on that particular region and use the motion of the adjustment to normalise the position of the spine and restore the body into natural function and healing.
- How much does it cost? We have Hicaps facility onsite on the spot claiming and we accept Medicare referrals, which are bulk billed. Our initial consults is 95 dollars and subsequent consults are 52 dollars.
- Is chiropractic painful? Chiropractic is widely recognised as one of the safest drug-free therapies for spinal discomfort and complaints. Many patients report a sense of immediate relief or well-being after an adjustment, some may experience mild soreness the day after an adjustment, similar to exercise soreness. These symptoms are a normal form of the natural healing process of your spine. Our goal is to get you feeling mobile, strong and less pain.
- Is Chiropractic safe for children? Chiropractic adjustments are definitely safe for children. Children receive adjustments to repair the damage caused from the birth process, childhood traumas, or injuries from day-to-day activities. Chiropractic check-ups for children may be able to identify developmental problems at an earlier stage and help avoid any musculoskeletal complications in the future. The chiropractic adjusting procedure is altered to a child’s spine, ensuring they are being treated in the best and safest manner. We have found that children respond faster to adjustments than adults, which in turn means a shorter treatment schedule.
- What other services do we offer? We may blend chiropractic with three main natural based programs, each program contributes to your health and wellbeing. In addition to chiropractic, we offer three clinical based programs. The first program is referred to as Wellflo, which consists of chiropractic and clinical yoga. The second program we offer is Mindflo, which is psychology and chiropractic care, focusing primarily on chronic headaches and chronic pain Finally, we offer a service of a remedial massage program, which works in conjunction with chiropractic to primarily address function imbalances in muscles.
- Do I have to have x-rays? At our clinic, we recommend to take x-rays if they are required. Everyone is different and in some cases Spine X-rays will help us choose the best course of treatment. We find that these pictures are quite helpful in providing a structural record of the spine and locating fractures or other signs of trauma. We use these x-rays to conduct an analysis of the spine to find the main cause of the pain you are experiencing, whilst addressing any long-term spinal degeneration that is evident during the examination.
Medicare has provided us with a bulk billing service to ensure that there are no extra charges to have these x-rays taken. We only take the most necessary views and use only the most up to date equipment to ensure we have the most useful perspectives to provide you with the best form of care.